Sunday, April 10, 2011

Do I look like Alan Titchmarsh?

Those of you who know me at home, will know I'm NOT Green Fingered by any means, If I could get away with it, I'd Astro-Turf the lawn...

A few years ago, I had a job where I was away most of the week, only returning back late on Friday nights, then with the return trek back to wherever on Sunday nights or early Monday mornings, so indoor plants weren't a good idea and didn't fare well...

My Father, who IS very green-fingered, recommended plants that didnt need alot of care, water or anything else, such as 'cactus' and 'Air Plants', they're pretty much self-keeping, in that you don't really have to do a hell of a lot to assist them other than give them a 'spray' of water every now and again... PERFECT!

Unfortunately, it wasn't long before the air plants snuffed it and the rest weren't well, so a Post-Mortem was ordered...

Dad: "Mark... what ARE you doing to the plants, your away all week, and I've told you to give them a 'spray' every weekend... that's it isn't it? your not doing anything else to them are you?"

Me: "Yep, just a spray, every Sunday morning in the bathroom"

Dad: "Bathroom?"

Me: "Yeah... I load them all into the bath, turn on the shower for a minute then leave them there to drain"

Dad: "When I said 'spray' I meant a 'MISTING' Not a shower!"

(c) SparkysDiary.com

No comments: